Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steering box
daisycutter1 Offline

Steering box
After trying the beast out we have found our steering isn't very good in terms of ratio does anyone know of a steering box I could use? Something like what's on 92 machine thanks
18-06-2016 10:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
richard salt Offline

RE: Steering box
What's wrong with the ratio? My steering only take a quarter turn one way until you get full lock on.
It feels heavy when stationary but a lot lighter when yr scimming over mud/grass.

Better to be a racer for a moment then a spectator for a lifetime.Tongue
23-06-2016 08:11 PM
daisycutter1 Offline

(23-06-2016 08:11 PM)richard salt Wrote:  What's wrong with the ratio? My steering only take a quarter turn one way until you get full lock on.
It feels heavy when stationary but a lot lighter when yr scimming over mud/grass.

OK sorted it now, was son in law what posted it. Ratio was way to quick, was uncontrollable. Virtually ready to race now, hopefully July. Just testing front pulley's at moment
27-06-2016 08:29 PM
daztheracer Offline
NWLMRA Committee Member

So, we'll see you at Ackworth then?! Wink

Daz
NWLMRA Chairman
#31 Group 3 Westwood Lawnbug

If you're not fast enough to follow me on the racetrack, follow me on twitter! @daztheracer Big Grin
28-06-2016 07:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
daisycutter1 Offline

(28-06-2016 07:17 AM)daztheracer Wrote:  So, we'll see you at Ackworth then?! Wink

thanks daz. its not me racing the thing, its son in law. think he joined up last night. I'm just trying to build the thing. did join nwlmra on facebook, theres a couple of short vids of testing, tho the first test was very short due to ending in a faceplant
28-06-2016 04:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)